Retrofit advice & support
While we welcome increased interest in energy efficiency and energy efficient products and vital investment by the Government in the Green Homes Grant scheme, it is essential that these measures are planned carefully.
For energy efficient measures to be effective and also to avoid unintended consequences such as mould growth, poor indoor air quality and damage to the building fabric, it is essential that they are planned and implemented as part of a ‘whole house strategy‘.
Carbon Coop has run an excellent webinar on the scheme which looks at the challenges and opportunities offered by the scheme.
You can also watch our sister company Green Building Store’s 10 minute video ‘A short guide to radical retrofit‘ below which gives a useful overview of our approach to ‘whole house’ retrofits.
Developing a ‘whole house plan’
- If you are exploring how to approach a retrofit on your home, Enhabit offers an energy survey to help guide you: www.enhabit.uk.com/consult/energy-survey/
- If you already have plans for your refurbishment (i.e. from an architect or contractor) and want to understand the impact of different levels of insulation and energy efficient technology, Enhabit also provides a Fabric Options Assessment service: www.enhabit.uk.com/consult/fabric-options-assessment/.
Product advice & support
- How does a heat pump work?
- Quick guide to low carbon heating systems
- Is an air source heat pump suitable for my project?
- Solar Thermal FAQs (frequently asked questions)