Green Homes Grant Scheme: How to apply
The Government’s Green Homes Grant scheme is now live and will now run until the end of March 2022. This will give householders the chance to access £5K worth of vouchers (with up to £10K for low income households) towards various primary and secondary insulation and low energy heating measures.
- Insulation: Solid wall, cavity wall, under-floor, loft, flat roof, room in roof, park home.
- Low carbon heat: Air source heat pump, ground source heat pump, solar thermal
NB: For low-carbon heating to be installed, households will need to have adequate insulation (e.g. wall and loft, where applicable). These can be installed as part of a package – they do not have to already be in situ. Provided one of the above primary measures is included in the package of works, homeowners can additionally apply for funding towards secondary measures but the level of funding will not exceed that granted for the primary measures.
- Draught proofing
- Windows and doors: Double/triple glazing (where replacing single glazing), secondary glazing (in addition to single glazing), upgrading to energy efficient doors (where replacing doors installed prior to 2002)
- Heating controls and insulation: appliance thermostats, hot water tank thermostats, hot water tank insulation, smart heating controls, zone controls, delayed start thermostat, thermostatic radiator valves.
More information on the Green Homes Grant scheme: www.simpleenergyadvice.org.uk
Using the scheme to buy Enhabit products and services
Please note: Enhabit can ONLY provide the service in the following areas: London, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Essex, Hampshire, Hertfordshire, Kent, Surrey, West Sussex.
How to apply for a Green Homes Grant?
There are 3 key steps to follow before you can access the vouchers:
- Check your eligibility by completing the questionnaire on the Simple Energy Advice (SEA) website and see which energy efficiency or low-carbon heat improvements can be undertaken on your property.
- Find TrustMark and/or Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) registered tradespeople for the works you want to undertake. It is recommended to obtain at least three quotes to ensure you are getting the best value for money. The SEA website points you to the relevant accredited installers in your area.
- Make an online application using the government website to obtain a voucher, detailing the energy efficiency measures you wish to carry out. If you would like to proceed with Enhabit and utilise the Green Homes Grant, In addition to your details and status, the website will ask you for the full cost and date of quote, both of which you can find on our quote. You will need Enhabit’s Trustmark license number, which is 1866843. You can also find our Trustmark details at www.trustmark.org.uk/firms/Enhabit-Limited-1866843
How can we help?