Job title: Office Manager
Working hours: Part time. 24 hours per week with flexibility possible.
Location: Initial home working then at our new office near Medway, Kent
Reporting to: Thomas Faulkner, Installations Manager
Salary bracket: £24,000 to £30,000 per annum pro-rata, dependant on experience
Closing date: Thursday 21st October 2021
Introduction to the role
Following the expansion of our services we are planning to open a satellite office and depot in Medway to support our installers and technicians operating in the South East of England. We therefore need an experienced administrator and office manager to support set up of the office, ongoing management, and to support our install teams.
Key features of the role include:
- Day to day management of the office and depot / storage
- Booking appointments for installations, commissioning and maintenance
- Supporting coordination of installers and technicians
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure materials are available on site for installation
- Identifying and implementing operational and process improvements
- Liaising with group head office in Huddersfield as required
- Operating with a high level of autonomy and responsibility, once familiar with the role
- Supporting and developing colleagues to foster an environment of support and shared learning
Enhabit and Green Building Store are purpose-led companies with a strong ethical and environmental ethos. Tackling the impact of buildings and construction on the climate and ecological crises lies at the heart of our business activities. Enhabit is a consultancy that uses low energy design to transform uncomfortable and wasteful buildings into comfortable and controllable living spaces. Green Building Store offers products and support for Passivhaus and low energy buildings. Both companies have extensive experience of working on low energy homes and buildings and combine technical expertise with outstanding personal service and aftercare. Together we are working to make low energy building simpler and easier, and to offer our customers a ‘whole house’ service.
You can find out more about the merger, and what we do, on our websites:
You will need to demonstrate these in your application, either through your CV or cover letter, in order to be shortlisted for interview
- At least 2 years experience in an office management role
- A sound understanding of Microsoft Office suite including Excel
- Experience using online database systems for client management and finance
- Excellent communications skills
- Detail oriented
- Empathy with our environmental ethos and objectives
We will look favourably on candidates that are able to demonstrate these requirements, but they are not essential:
- Experience working in a similar capacity for another company involved in construction / supply of services to the construction industry
- Knowledge of domestic ventilation systems
- Knowledge of and interest in low energy buildings
We also place a high value on diversity and will therefore consider improving the diversity of our team in our assessment of candidates.
Working at Green Building Store and Enhabit
Green Building Store and Enhabit are innovative, ethical companies with a friendly and creative working environment and a supportive team ethos. We have high levels of commitment and motivation and expect this from anybody joining the business. We pride ourselves on top quality products and services alongside great customer care. All staff are made to feel included and discrimination is not tolerated. We are also committed to improving our diversity and welcome applications from all backgrounds. We are primarily looking for people that share our energy, passion, and enthusiasm for the environment and averting the climate crisis.
Some of the key benefits our staff enjoy include:
- Learning from our team and being part of our exciting growth plans
- Training and development tailored to suit your professional development needs
- Making a positive and proactive contribution to addressing the climate and ecological impact of building
- Annual paid holiday entitlement of 33 days including bank holidays
How To Apply
Please apply via our Indeed account or send your CV, cover letter and responses to the below questions to email@example.com with the job role in the subject header. In your cover letter we would like you to explain why you are interested in this role and how your skills and experience relate to the job specification.
All applications will be acknowledged, so please call to check if no response is received.
Contact us to find out how we can help you to take control of your project.