Job title: Renewable Technology Installation Engineer
Working hours: Full time
Location: Central London, with optional home working 3 days per week
Salary bracket: £30,000 to £40,000 depending on experience
Design and manage renewable technology installations across London for a leading purpose-led environmental business. Join a technically knowledgeable team with colleagues across the UK. You will be experienced in domestic renewable energy system design and in working with installers to ensure high quality installation work.
Introduction to the role
As the move to de-carbonise UK homes pushes a drive for heat pumps and solar technology, we have a need for somebody experienced with domestic renewable energy systems to join our team as a Renewable Technology Installation Manager. This role will provide technical and management support to our building services team, playing a key role in delivering high quality Heat Pump and Solar installations to residential clients.
Key features of the role include:
- Designing heat pump, solar PV and solar thermal systems (including heating, hot water, ventilation and cooling) for residential buildings and some commercial.
- Creating high quality design specifications, schematics, and wiring instructions specific to each project setup.
- Liaising with clients to provide tailored quotations including associated enabling costs.
- Providing technical support to clients, heating engineers, electrical subcontractors, builders and main contractors to facilitate high quality installation work.
- Working directly with end clients to help them refurbish or build high performance homes.
- Operating with a high level of autonomy and responsibility, once familiar with the role.
- Good communication skills via email, phone and on site dialogue to ensure technical requirements are understood and carried out correctly.
- Ability to travel across London within M25 to carry out site surveys and assess conditions.
- Managing subcontractor scheduling, timing of work and proactive planning around project timelines.
- Preparing documentation, handover certification and following renewable energy processes in line with the MCS micro certification scheme.
Enhabit and Green Building Store are purpose-led companies with a strong ethical and environmental ethos. Tackling the impact of buildings and construction on the climate and ecological crises lies at the heart of our business activities. Enhabit is a consultancy that uses low energy design to transform uncomfortable and wasteful buildings into comfortable and controllable living spaces. Green Building Store offers products and support for Passivhaus and low energy buildings. Both companies have extensive experience of working on low energy homes and buildings and combine technical expertise with outstanding personal service and aftercare. Together we are working to make low energy building simpler and easier, and to offer our customers a ‘whole house’ service.
You can find out more about the merger, and what we do, on our websites:
You will need to demonstrate these in your application, either through your CV or cover letter, in order to be shortlisted for interview
- Relevant engineering degree in mechanical, electrical, or other building services discipline or a technical engineering background from previous roles.
- Excellent communications skills
- Detail oriented
- Demonstrable experience of collaborative working
- Knowledge of and interest in low energy buildings
- Empathy with our environmental ethos and objectives
- Ability to commute to the London office at least twice per week
We will look favourably on candidates that are able to demonstrate these requirements, but they are not essential:
- Understanding of heat pumps and their application to residential buildings
- Familiarity of solar PV and solar thermal systems and their applications
- Construction service industry experience and contract experience
- Site experience including heating, plumbing and electrical work
- Membership of CIBSE
- A degree, HNC or HND in building services or related discipline
We also place a high value on diversity and will therefore consider improving the diversity of our team in our assessment of candidates.
Working at Green Building Store and Enhabit
Green Building Store and Enhabit are innovative, ethical companies with a friendly and creative working environment and a supportive team ethos. We have high levels of commitment and motivation and expect this from anybody joining the business. We pride ourselves on top quality products and services alongside great customer care. All staff are made to feel included and discrimination is not tolerated. We are also committed to improving our diversity and welcome applications from all backgrounds. We are primarily looking for people that share our energy, passion, and enthusiasm for the environment and averting the climate crisis.
Our Huddersfield office is located in peaceful rural surroundings with free parking, reasonable transport links and a strong cycling culture. Our London office has a central location close to public transport and everything the city has to offer. We have a team in Norwich who are currently setting up a new office. We also have to opportunity to provide a desk space at another of our sister companies ‘Bright Green Renewables’, who are based in Daventry.
Some of the key benefits our staff enjoy include:
- Learning from our team and being part of our exciting growth plans
- Training and development tailored to suit your professional development needs
- Making a positive and proactive contribution to addressing the climate and ecological impact of building
- Annual paid holiday entitlement of 33 days including bank holidays, with the option of swapping a week’s pay for an extra week of holiday
- Flexibility to work from home and the office; the successful candidate must be able to visit the office twice a week
How To Apply
Please apply via our Indeed account or send your CV, cover letter and responses to the below questions to email@example.com with the job role in the subject header. In your cover letter we would like you to explain why you are interested in this role and how your skills and experience relate to the job specification. Please consider in this:
- What it is about our business that made you want to apply?
- The biggest actions you have you taken in your personal life to minimise your environmental impact.
- How many years of experience do you have relevant to the role?
- Would you be able to commute to our London office twice per week?
All applications will be acknowledged, so please e-mail us to check if no response is received after 3 weeks.
Contact us to find out how we can help you to take control of your project.