Understanding the risks
Often the main purpose of our work is to mitigate the risks associated with complex designs and to ensure that the building will perform well. This is achieved by great care and attention to detail. Many projects will require modelling of the building physics to give exact numbers or to validate a proposal.
We provide a range of building physics services that can be tailored to your needs.
What we do
- Energy modelling (PHPP or SAP)
- Part L calculations for dwellings and commercial SAP or SBEM
- Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs – new build only)
- Thermal bridging modelling
- Surface temperature calculations (Frsi)
- Hygrothermal simulation and condensation risk analysis (WUFI, Glaser)
- Dynamic thermal simulation (IES)
- Overheating risk analysis (including TM52 and TM59)
- Daylighting analysis
- Embodied carbon calculations
- Airtightness strategy and specification
- U-value measurements
- Thermal camera imaging and airtightness testing
- Post occupancy energy and internal air quality measurements
Building Physics services are most commonly required during detailed design stage. However, early stage energy, overheating or ventilation modelling can be used to inform the direction of the design to achieve an efficient and sustainable buildings. We work closely with architects and engineers to feed-back on optimum design solutions.
All disciplines covered
Our engineers have a background in building physics and modelling. We have a range of capabilities, from simple U-value calculations through to complex dynamic thermal and moisture simulations.
We combine these specialist capabilities with our practical knowledge of buildings to provide timely and relevant advice to our clients that goes beyond compliance.
Helping clients to understand the technical aspects of our modelling work and making complex issues manageable is what we do best.
We offer competitive rates for all our specialist services, including building physics modelling. In most cases we should be able to match others’ prices.
We offer bespoke consulting services tailored to your specific project needs.
Contact us to find out how we can help you to take control of your project.