We can help with your heating and hot water design for your low energy building or retrofit project.
We will use your drawings and specifications to calculate the amount of energy required to maintain the building’s optimum temperature in worst case external conditions. Based on your preferences we will then design an appropriate heating and hot water system which will be both efficient and effective.
Our design will include an overall system schematic and a detailed written specification setting out how the systems are intended to work and their component parts. We can also provide indicative pipe run drawings, 3D plant room designs and pipe sizing calculations if required.
Our design would include a high level recommendation for control systems to ensure you can operate heating zones and set temperatures and timers as required.
Our Mechanical Design will include:
- Design Criteria and schematics for the heating system and domestic hot water
- Contractor responsibilities; relevant standards; protection and handling of equipment
- Incoming services locations and sizing
- Specifications for the space heating, including distribution
- Heat source sizing and specification i.e. Air source heat pumps (ASHP), Gas boiler, Solar PV, Solar thermal
- Specification of underfloor heating
- Specification and sizing of radiators/towel rails, as necessary
- Design and sizing of thermal store, as necessary
- Specifications for hot water provision and distribution
- Specification for control systems
In addition, we can offer:
- 3D Plant Room Design
- Indicative pipe run drawings
- Pressure loss calculations and pipe sizing
- Site visits during construction/installation
Contact us to find out how we can help you to take control of your project.