Enhabit is available to comment on low energy building and retrofits for TV, radio and print media.
We can speak on the following:
- Low energy retrofits
- Passivhaus standard and methodology
- PAS 2035 retrofit standard
- Governnment policy and support for low energy building and retrofits
Please contact our Communications Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01484 463333 to set up an interview with Dr Sarah Price.
Dr Sarah Price, Associate Director of Building Physics for Enhabit
Sarah is the Associate Director of Physics for Enhabit. She has over a decade of experience in the construction industry and specialises in Passivhaus, sustainability, low energy buildings and retrofit. Prior to Enhabit she worked for Design Buro heading up the Engineering and Building Physics team, and for Encraft as a Senior Consultant. She is a Trustee for the AECB, an AECB expert advisor, and a member of the Retrofit Steering Task Group set up after the Each Home Counts review.
- Passivhaus consultant for over 90 certified Passivhaus dwellings across the country.
- Retrofit Coordinator for Social Housing Decarbonisation Fund project with Warwick District Council, Sarah Wigglesworth Architects and Oxford Brookes University to retrofit 50 homes with the whole-house approach to PAS 2035.
- Technical author for PAS2035 and PAS 2030 retrofit standard amendments due in 2021.
- Construction stage Passivhaus Consultancy for Agar Grove 1C, part of the largest Passivhaus development in the UK, for contractors Hill. This phase consists of 125 apartments.
- Pre-contract stage Passivhaus consultancy for main contractor for St Sidwell’s point, the first Passivhaus leisure centre in the UK and the third in Europe.
- Co-author for the Passivhaus Trust’s Technical Guidance on Airtightness release in June 2020.
- Editor and tutor for the new Retrofit Coordinator Level 5 diploma in conjunction with the new PAS 2035 BSI retrofit standard. Sarah will be the Technical Author for the retrofit standard from Autumn 2020.
- Lead technical author for the BEIS Retrofit IWI guide, published 2021.
- Development of employers requirements and planning policy documents for Warwick District Council in 2021 to help meet their climate emergency targets, and deliver a route to zero carbon homes within the district.
- Project Manager for £1.2m BEIS funded project to retrofit a block of flats in Great Yarmouth and develop an innovative new whole-house cladding system, incorporating air tightness and mechanical ventilation with heat recovery. The project aims to achieve EnerPHit certification.
- Project manager for £625k Innovate UK OWLS ‘Scaling Up Retrofit’ project in Solihull, using an innovative wraparound insulation solution for deep retrofit. Saving £1,000 per year per dwelling on energy bills: Completed 2016
- Developed a Programme Management Plan for the University of Oxford’s Carbon Reduction Strategy ranging from BMS optimisation to whole-building retrofits. She then spent several months implementing the Programme, resulting in the University employing a full time Programme Manager to take over the role.
- Developed and delivered a series of training events to the building construction sector on Passivhaus, EnerPHit, advanced building physics (thermal and moisture) and responsible retrofit on behalf of BECCI and CoRE.
- Research on Procurement in large Scale Passivhaus on behalf of the University of Oxford to establish their policy of building all new Capital Project over £1m to the Passivhaus standard.
- Managed the delivery of an Energy Strategy for Lambeth Council for their ambitious new build programme for up to 3,000 houses over the next ten years. The Council have decided to design all new builds to the Passivhaus standard
- MSci Physics, University of Nottingham
- PhD Molecular Physics, University of Birmingham
- CEPH – Certified Passivhaus Consultant
- RICS Certificate in Construction Project Management
- AECB Carbonlite Retrofit Assessor
- BSRIA Soft Landings Framework Trained
- AECB (Association of Environmentally Conscious Building) Trustee since 2018
Contact us to find out how we can help you to take control of your project.